Index Linked Term Deposit
Earn high returns* linked to stock market performance over three or five years.
What is it?
This investment product blends the safety and security of a term deposit, while delivering the potential for above average rates of return available through market returns. A three or five year investment maintains a guarantee on the capital invested, while participating in the return of the Candaian S&P/TSX60 Index. The minimum investment amount is $1,000.
To better understand how your return is calculated for your Index Linked Term Deposit, click here to see an example of a three year term.
Who is it for?
This is right for you if you:
- have a medium to long-term investment time frame;
- want a potentially higher return without risking your capital;
- don’t need to access the funds for the investment term; and
- have low tolerance for investment volatility.
What are the benefits?
- Flexibility with the two term options available:
- 3 year non-redeemable term with 75% participation in the performance of the Index; and
- 5 year non-redeemable term with 125% participation in the performance of the Index.
- You get exposure to the Canadian S&P/TSX60 Index, which tracks 60 foremost companies in leading Canadian industries.
- There is no cap on the return you can enjoy.
- Principal investment is guaranteed.
- No commission, management, or administrative fees.
- Interest is paid at final maturity.
- Access to potentially higher rates of return by participating in the Canadian Market without risking initial principal investment.
Because this investment product is a bit more complicated, click here to read answers to common questions about the product.
*Rates subject to change.