What to Bring to your Mortgage Appointment
We’re looking forward to meeting with you to talk about your mortgage. Come prepared, this will allow us to provide you with a quick turnaround time on your mortgage request. Make sure you have everything you need for your appointment by following the tips below:
Collect Important Documents
When you go to your mortgage appointment make sure to bring the documents you need. You will need to bring:
- Not self-employed:
- Current employment information including employer name, your occupation, employer phone number, and up to 3 years’ history of employers
- current pay stubs, if you have multiple jobs, bring a paystub for each job
- If retired, proof of all pension and investment income
- most recent T4s (including T4A, T4RIF if applicable) or Notice of Assessment
- If you earn variable income such as commission, bring at least two years’ Notice of Assessments
- Formal bank statement for your primary bank account, if you don’t already bank with Westoba.
- T1 General and Notice of Assessments for 3 years
- Formal personal and business primary bank statements if you don’t already bank with Westoba
- Proof of business ownership
- Other income sources, if applicable such as:
- Signed contracts that will provide income
- Letter of employment if available
- Investment income
- Court-ordered separation agreements
- Disability benefits
- Proof of Child Tax Credit
- Signed, recent rental agreements if you own rental properties
Other important documentation, where applicable:
- a valid government-issued ID
- If your home address is not current or listed on your ID, please bring a recent utility bill showing your name and address
- confirmation of down payment
- listing of assets and liabilities including:
- credit cards
- mortgages outstanding
- Lawyers’ contact information, if you already have one
- Details of any existing insurance protection plans, both private and through your employer, if applicable. We will also review optional payment protection available through us.
- Details of any prior arrears, collections, consumer proposals or bankruptcies
- Estimated valuation of home, if you already own your home
- Confirmation of property taxes paid to the municipality if you already own your home
- Proof of fire insurance, if you already own your home
- Official bank statement showing mortgage if you already own your home
- 3 years’ home address history
Additional information may be requested depending on your unique circumstances. If you are unsure, please call us at 1-877-937-8622, we would be happy to assist you.
2. Come with questions!
Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, or you’re renewing, or refinancing; buying a home can be complicated. Our mortgage specialists are ready to answer any questions you might have and help you get a mortgage that makes sense to you financially.
Questions about your upcoming appointment? We can answer them! Call 1-877-WESTOBA or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.