NEW FLASH CARDS ARE HERE!
Get your shopping done in a FLASH…
But before you do, remember to ACTIVATE your new MemberCard.
After July 31, 2018 your old MemberCard will no longer work!
How do you activate your new MemberCard?
Here are some easy steps:
- Remove the MemberCard from the letter you received. Under the card, the letter will show you which card it is replacing. This is helpful if you have multiple MemberCards.
- To activate your MemberCard you must use it once at either an ATM or at a Point of Sale purchase by entering the pin. You can use your existing PIN as the PIN for the new card that you are replacing. Entering your PIN will activate the card.
- Confirm that your card is working by completing the transaction. Even something as simple as an account inquiry at an ATM will activate your card.
- Destroy your old card. We recommend cutting it into small pieces, or dropping it off at a Westoba branch for destruction.
- Your MemberCard is ready to go. You can now complete transactions including, Interac Flash transactions, and access to MemberDirect Online banking. Going forward you will need to use the replacement card when completing transactions and accessing online banking. For your convenience your previous passwords and PINs have already been transferred!
Once activated, just TAP and GO!
Now you can quickly and safely make smaller everyday purchases without inserting your card or entering a PIN.
How do you get one?
Starting June 4th, MemberCard were mailed to the address on your account. For security reasons, new MemberCards were delivered in two batches, so don’t worry if a family member or friend receives their card first, yours will come in the mail soon.
What’s also great about them?
Once activated using the steps above, they are ready for use! No need to change your MemberCard PIN or your online banking PAC. All your old codes (or passwords) will work! Once activated, don’t forget to destroy your old MemberCard and TAP and GO!
When it comes to your online and mobile banking, depending on what you currently have set up, there could be some updates that you might need to make. Here’s a list of what could be impacted:
- eTransfer profiles need to be recreated;
- memorized account features need to be reprogrammed; and
- QuickView on your mobile app needs to be setup again.
If you don’t use any of the above features, you don’t need to change anything at all!
Not sure what FLASH is all about? Learn more by reading our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have questions about your new MemberCard, contact Team Westoba by: